Sunday 13 May 2012

Macro Monday - Locks


Thought I’d combine some macro and black and white into one post.  This is an image I took a long time ago (although not pre DSLR), and I have been waiting for the right place to use it.  This seems to be its moment.
I was originally drawn to the “old/new” thing that is happening between the locks and the wood, and I think the B/W treatment plays on that idea.

You can find more macro shots at Macro Monday.
You can find the latest post to my other blog by clicking on the Paying Ready Attention image on the RHS of the screen.
Enjoy the close ups.  

10 comments:

  1. Stewart you're right, this works! Have a wonderful week, cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific macro shot, Stewart, and it does indeed work and work well! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the shine of the metal against the wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo ~ lovely composition and lighting ~thanks, namaste, ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. The B&W is a perfect choice Stewart.
    Great macro!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Macro in B/W is cool! You took a excellent shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific shot, Stewart! Love the black and white.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interesting shot, and I agree the black and white is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete